Monday, January 7, 2013

Pulau Bali, The island of Gods (1)


I visited Bali, in Indonesia.
Bali is a tropical island, famous among Japanese as a tourist spot ranked with Hawaii.
I went into Bali through Jakarta.


I stayed Jakarta during only a few hours. Jakarta international airport and the area around there are beautiful.






















Most citizens in Bali are Bali-Hindi. They put “chanang” in front of their home every morning. I saw one quite frequently.

I watched “Barong Dance” at a stage in a temple. Barong is the good God of Bali, against Rangda, the evil witch. I heard that Barong Dance expresses the battle of Barong and Rangda. But what I saw there was like a comedy. Maybe some arrangement was added. Audiences were smiling continuously.




I went to Monkey Forest in Ubud. Two hundreds of wild monkeys live there. They were accustomed to human.




Some monkeys even used a part of PET bottle as a cup handily. The planet of the apes is not so far away?


(To be continued.)

*sequel
http://shiinaworld.blogspot.jp/2013/01/pulau-bali-island-of-gods-2.html

No comments:

Post a Comment