Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Pokemon Keyboard by Nintendo

In Japan, an item is rising in popularity among IT lovers.
It is "Pokemon Typing DS".

Battle & Get! Pokemon Typing DS (white keyboard)

This software for typing practice is not so important. This package includes a wireless keyboard with Bluetooth connection.
It has a very good reputation in network users.

In webpage of Amazon.co.jp, there are several positive reviews about this product. To be surprised, most of reviewers use the keyboard not to play the DS game. They connect the keyboard to tablet PC! Some bloggers also reported about it.

Then, I tried getting one.


This costs only $25 in Japan. It is not so much expensive compared to any other wireless portable keyboards.
(Unfortunately import editions are more expensive in Amazon.com.)

This is it. It is compact, and it has a strong body. Nintendo has an excellent reputation as a hardware maker that always makes safe and invulnerable products. Besides of low cost, it has good stability to beat.


I connected it to my Nexus 7.
Pairing is very easy. You have only to boot the keyboard with pushing a Fn key.


Touching impression is good. The isolated type keyboard is easy to type.
Some bloggers reported about dysfunction among typing Japanese language. However I did not encounter any trouble. Perhaps Android OS was updated to improve the drivers.


I think Nintendo did good work. To deliver keyboard for children with low price will aid their parents to be friendly with computer games. And Pokemon is the best companion with educational software.

Personally, I always carry my PC (Let’s Note). So I will seldom use this keyboard. Nonetheless I recommend it for its good availability.

No comments:

Post a Comment