Saturday, April 27, 2013

Visiting Korea (1)


The last weekend, I visited Korea to attend an academic conference.
It is for the first time to go to Korea. So I expected I would enjoy Korean foods.

I landed at Gimpo International Airport which is located near to Seoul city.
Many of the international flight departs from here is to Japan.


After passing the immigration gate, I walked on a long corridor to the metro station.


Compared to Taipei, information board was not so kind in Seoul. Japanese language is less frequently shown. Moreover, Hangeul is less familiar to me than Chinese letter. So I was confused to detect my way to the hotel for a while.


Dunkin' Donuts looked very popular in Korea. I saw the stores everywhere.


In a metro station, I saw a case equipped a lot of anti-smoke mask. They are caring about fire accident, or terrorism?


The Grand Seoul Parnas Hotel was very gorgeous.



An academic conference was held in the Coex exhibition hall.




Coex is a huge shopping mall. The trade association center building was nearby Coex.


The academic conference was successful. I guess listeners were satisfied.
However, not a few stores in the mall were closed. I felt the mall inactive.

(To be continued.)

*Sequel
http://shiinaworld.blogspot.jp/2013/04/visiting-korea-2.html

No comments:

Post a Comment