Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Guy Fawkes Night

Yesterday, I visited Southwark park to watch fireworks.


Nov 5th is a memorial day in England as "Guy Fawkes Night," in which Guy Fawkes who were arrested for attempting to kill King James I in 1605. Celebrating this, fireworks are performed everywhere on the day.


I stayed at home on Halloween, instead I went out to see fireworks.


By the way, I found an interesting store. Curry, PC, and the World, I love them!


I reached Southwark Park at just 7 pm. The park was dark and crowded. Several stores were open.

Southwark's Free Fireworks Night


Fireworks started!


There were so colorful figures exploded in the sky.


Though Japanese are also fond of fireworks, it is limited to carry out in summer. In contrast, in Western countries, there are lots of fireworks events in winter. Count down events for celebrating the new year's day is popular. However, I will feel too cold to watch fireworks outside in mid winter.


Yesterday was also very cold. But the full-moon was extremely beautiful.


This was the climax.


It was an exciting 15 minutes. On the way to home, I heard several bombarding sounds and could see several fireworks elsewhere. Everyone seemed happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment