Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Afternoon Tea in London

One of the habits I got interested in some years is the afternoon tea. Many restaurants offer a variety of the tea with some snacks such as finger sandwiches and scones. It gives me a precious time with elegant flavors.


Also in Japan, some famous hotels offer the afternoon tea. But there are enormous place we can enjoy the afternoon tea in England as the origin of this habit. Usually, you can test several kinds of tea as much as you wish.

I use this site to book a seat. Seasonal sales are frequently provided.

AfternoonTea.co.uk

Here, I will introduce some places offering the afternoon tea I tried.

Strand Palace Hotel
Atmosphere was good. I chose a cream tea without sandwiches there.

Montague on the Gardens - Bloomsbury
In London I visited there for an afternoon tea for the first time. You can test the flavors of the tea leaves before you order it. Finger sandwiches tasted great, and can refilled for free. However, the sweets were not good, a little too sweet.

Richoux Piccadilly
In this tearoom, I could select a piece of cake among a large variety. The cost was reasonable. It is sorry that refilling tea costs an extra charge.

Hilton London Green Park
Tea leaves were excellent. Sweets were also well Although sandwiches were not so good, I was satisfied there very in total.

Kingsway Hall Hotel
It was relatively inexpensive. Some tea leaves were served using a tea-bag. I recommend peppermint tea. It was a bit cold in the room.

Savoy
Savoy is a world famous hotel. Its tearoom was gorgeous. A pianist played the piano near to me. You can choose 30 kinds of leaves. Meals were also great. It is quite expensive.

Savoy offers also the high tea. This course includes salmon egg instead a series of cakes.


I will try another cup of tea soon.


*Sequel

1 comment:

  1. Looks nice! I envy you.. I want to try one someday.

    Peet

    ReplyDelete