Thursday, March 1, 2018

Taiwan for the third time

I visited Taiwan for the third time.

My past entry: Journey in Taiwan
My past entry: Taiwan visiting for the second time

This trip was private. So, I fulfilled my curiosity very well.




It was just after the Lunar New Year. There are many monuments describing dogs, dragons, and cranes.


At Shifen, I saw several lanterns flowing in the sky.


I enjoyed dinner at Din Tai Fung, a world-famous xiaolongbao restaurant. There were so many people waiting for the seat that it took an hour to take the seat. The food was very delicious.

I went to Houtong, so-called "cat village."


It was a rural area in eastern Taiwan.And there were many cats in the village.


Then, I visited Jiufen. It was also a small village initially developed as a miners' town. It is said that Hayao Miyazaki, a famous anime-movie director, visited Jiufen to construct the landscape of his work "Sen to Chihiro no Kamikakushi [Spirited Away]." Although Miyazaki denied this idea, Jiufen became popular as a sanctuary of Miyazaki animation. Indeed, it was extremely crowded.


Taipei's figure reminded me an old Japanese city. I respect Taiwanese for developing this country with cheer.

No comments:

Post a Comment